Oatmeal, Apple & Cinnamon Muffins
Prep & Serving Size:
Makes 6 muffins
- 6 scoops Healthy Height Vanilla Shake Mix
¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup cup old fashioned oats, plus additional Tbsp for topping
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small apple diced or grated
- Preheat oven to 325℉ and prepare a muffin tin by greasing the cups or lining with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together Healthy Height, flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg. Stir in applesauce, melted butter or coconut oil, vanilla, and apple.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and gently fold together until just combined. Careful not to overmix the batter.
- Pour batter into six muffin cups, filling almost to the top. Sprinkle tops with additional oats.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to a month.
- 1 muffin contains 1 scoop of Healthy Height. Offer one muffin with breakfast and a second as an afternoon snack for a full serving of Healthy Height.
Nutrition to Help Kids Grow - and Sleep!
Every year our team of Pediatricians at Schneider Children's Medical Center have 20,000 visits from children with issues relating to growth. Our doctors wanted to find a non-invasive way to help children grow and the nutrition in our shake mix is the result of their efforts. The nutrition in our shake mix was shown in a clinical study to promote growth in 6 months, as well as improve sleep patterns in kids who take at least 1 serving per day.