Peanut Butter Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies for Kids
Leigh Ann shares "I partnered up with @healthyheight to show you how to whip up some healthy breakfast cookies that your whole family will love, including your pickiest eaters! These cookies are so great for on-the-go breakfasts for busy school mornings or afternoon snacking!" Get the recipe below and check out her video walkthrough for step-by-step guidance.
- 2 scoops Chocolate Healthy Height Protein Powder
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Trail Mix of your choice (I used one with dark chocolate chips)
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix peanut butter, banana, applesauce, and vanilla together.
- Slowly add in oatmeal, Healthy Height, cinnamon, and chia seeds and fold until combined well with wet ingredients
- Fold in trail mix at this time
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out cookies and then flatten slightly on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies have set, remove from oven and let cool completely
- Store at room temperature for up to a week or in the fridge or freezer for a longer shelf life
Nutrition to Help Kids Grow - and Sleep!
Every year our team of Pediatricians at Schneider Children's Medical Center have 20,000 visits from children with issues relating to growth. Our doctors wanted to find a non-invasive way to help children grow and the nutrition in our shake mix is the result of their efforts. The nutrition in our shake mix was shown in a clinical study to promote growth in 6 months, as well as improve sleep patterns in kids who take at least 1 serving per day.