Homemade Chocolate Almond Milk
Prep & Serving Size:
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 scoop of Chocolate Healthy Height Shake Mix
- High powered blender
- Nut milk bag
- Bowl to drain milk
- Container to store milk
- Soak almonds overnight in a jar or bowl of filtered water (in fridge)
- Drain and rinse almonds
- Combine the nuts & water in blender
- Blend on high for about 1 min
- Strain through a nut milk bag (optional- you don't have to do this step unless you want completely smooth milk)
- Press all the milk from the pulp
- Add the milk back to the blender and add the Chocolate Healthy Height Shake Mix- blend again until mixed.
- Pour into jar or container of choice to store in fridge
- Refrigerate & enjoy for up to 4 days.
This recipe will make about 3 cups of chocolate almond milk! You can add more water to thin and less water to thicken depending on how you like your milk. In other words, water added = the amount of milk you'll get!
If you don't have time or don't feel like making your own milk...I totally get it! Just add a scoop to any milk you have on hand, and you've got a delicious nutrition-filled dessert/bedtime drink ready to go!
Nutrition to Help Kids Grow - and Sleep!
Every year our team of Pediatricians at Schneider Children's Medical Center have 20,000 visits from children with issues relating to growth. Our doctors wanted to find a non-invasive way to help children grow and the nutrition in our shake mix is the result of their efforts. The nutrition in our shake mix was shown in a clinical study to promote growth in 6 months, as well as improve sleep patterns in kids who take at least 1 serving per day.