Recipes & Meal Ideas
Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes with Vanilla Cinnamon Icing
Mornings don't have to be boring with these delicious protein-rich pancakes!
Makes 2 servings
- 4 scoops Vanilla Healthy Height shake mix
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop Vanilla Healthy Height shake mix
- 1 ½ Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Place all pancake ingredients in blender in order listed. Blend on low speed until ingredients are just combined.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over high heat. Once pan is hot, grease pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Pour batter from blender onto hot pan and cook about 2 minutes per side. Pancakes are ready to flip when edges are browning and bubbles form in the batter.
- While pancakes are cooking, prepare icing by adding Healthy Height and 1 ½ Tbsp milk to a small bowl. Stir until mixture is smooth. Add remainder of icing ingredients to bowl and stir until evenly combined. To make a more thin or thick icing, increase or decrease amount of milk.
- Remove cooked pancakes from pan to a plate for serving, drizzle with icing, enjoy and grow!
- To make this recipe gluten-free, replace whole wheat flour with a gluten-free all purpose flour mix.
- Pancakes will store well in refrigerator up to 2 days and in the freezer up to 2 weeks.
- To reheat refrigerated or frozen pancakes, for best results, pop them in a toaster oven for a few minutes!