Celebrate Zucchini Bread Day every day with this yummy recipe
In honor of National Zucchini Bread Day we thought it would be fitting to have our very own zucchini bread muffins on the blog. So we went to work in the Healthy Height test kitchen to develop our latest recipe. Full disclosure this is not a “healthy” recipe, it’s good old fashioned baking.
This recipe is great because it doesn’t call for you to pack the entire zucchini bread mix full of Healthy Height, instead once the core ingredients come together you’ll pull out ¾ of a cup for your kiddo’s portion.
The Healthy Height portion will make 6 muffins and there will be half a serving of Healthy Height in every two muffins. Unfortunately squeezing an entire portion of Healthy Height into one muffin resulted in something looking and feeling like a baseball. *Note if you prefer to use your own zucchini bread recipe the results may vary.
Let's get growing!
Zucchini Bread Muffins
- 3 scoops of Plain Healthy Height shake mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 ½ cups shredded zucchini, keep a ½ cup of zucchini to the side
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and the oil. Once combined add 3 cups of zucchini and mix well.
- Sift in your flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. The batter will be fairly thick. At this point scoop out ¾ cup of batter and put into a separate bowl.
- To the ¾ cup of batter add your ½ cup of shredded zucchini. Then add 3 scoops of Healthy Height plain shake mix and combine well.
- Portion the Healthy Height muffins into 6 muffin tins and the regular batter into the remaining tins. Be sure to note which muffins have Healthy Height in them and which don’t. You should be able to tell, the Healthy Height muffins will be a tad lighter in color.
- Pop into the oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool and store for later.