Berry Vanilla Homemade Fruit Leather
Hannah shares: “It was a super exciting day when I figured out I could make my own fruit leather at home and control exactly what went into it! So, I have partnered up with @HealthyHeight to bring you this simple and delicious recipe for Berry Vanilla Fruit Leather that you can easily make at home and pack up right in those #backtoschool lunchboxes or snack bags. As always, when you add a scoop @healthyheight to your recipes, you get some extra nutrition, including fiber, protein, essential vitamins, minerals and more!”
- 5 cups of strawberries (tops removed)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large scoop of Vanilla Healthy Height
- Measuring tools
- Silicone baking sheet or parchment paper
- Spatula or spoon for spreading
Preheat oven to 170° F.
Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper
- Clean fruit and place in blender with Healthy Height protein powder
- Blend on high until smooth and then pour onto baking sheet and spread evenly (leave about 1” of a border around the edges)
- Bake for about 6-7 hours or until fruit leather is done. NOTE: Exact timing varies depending on thickness and fruits used, so be sure to check on it every 30 min to an hour! You know it is done when it's shiny, has a leathery look, is just barely sticky to the touch, and able to peel off fairly easily.
- Once cooled, cut the fruit leather into strips and separate with fresh parchment paper or roll it up
- Fruit leather will keep for up to a month at room temp!
Nutrition to Help Kids Grow - and Sleep!
Every year our team of Pediatricians at Schneider Children's Medical Center have 20,000 visits from children with issues relating to growth. Our doctors wanted to find a non-invasive way to help children grow and the nutrition in our shake mix is the result of their efforts. The nutrition in our shake mix was shown in a clinical study to promote growth in 6 months, as well as improve sleep patterns in kids who take at least 1 serving per day.